With the global emphasis on sustainability and combating climate change, the IGBC Green Resorts rating system creates a major opportunity to position the hospitality sector experience as a unique guests takeaway in a low-impact way. The IGBC Green Resorts Rating System creates awareness amongst guests about the emissions caused due to their travel and its impact on environment. The rating is sensitising the guests on adopting green lifestyle making their experience during stay create an eternal impression..
The rating offers the following tangible and intangible benefits to the resort owner:
- The tangible benefit is reduction in water and energy consumption right from day one of operation. The energy and water savings could range from 20 to 30 %.
- The intangible benefits of green resorts include enhanced brand image and attracting environmentally conscious national and international guests
The IGBC Green Resorts rating system creates a win-win situation for all the stakeholders of a resort Guest, Owner and Society.
IGBC Green Resorts rating systemŽ addresses green features under the following categories:
- Guest Experience
- Resort Design and Infrastructure
- Sustainable Landscape
- Resort Facility Management
- Societal Contribution
- Innovation and Development
The guidelines detailed under each credit enables the design and operation of resorts of all sizes. Different levels of green building certification are awarded based on the total credits earned. However, every green resort should meet mandatory requirements, which are non-negotiable
IGBC Green Resorts rating systemŽ is designed for resorts, both existing and newly constructed of any size and typology. The newly constructed resorts should be operational for at least three months before applying for rating.
The threshold criteria for certification levels are as under:
|Certification level||Credit points||Recognition|
|Certified||40 - 49||Best practices|
|Silver||50 - 59||Outstanding Performance|
|Gold||60 - 74||National Excellence|
|Platinum||75 - 100||Global Leadership|
IGBC will recognize Green Resorts that achieve one of the rating levels with a formal letter of certification and a mountable plaque.
|IGBC Member||Rs 25,000|
|IGBC Non-Member||Rs 30,000|
|Category||5,000 sq.m and below||5,001 sq.m to 50,000 sq.m||50,001 sq.m and above|
|Founding Members||Rs 1,90,000||Rs 1,90,000 plus Rs. 11.75 per additional sq.m & above 5,000 sq.m||Rs 7,20,000|
|IGBC Annual Members||Rs 2,00,000||Rs 2,00,000 plus Rs. 12 per additional sq.m & above 5,000 sq.m||Rs 7,40,000|
|IGBC Non-Annual Members||Rs 2,10,000||Rs 2,10,000 plus Rs. 12 per additional sq.m & above 5,000 sq.m||Rs 7,50,000|
* Parking areas need not be considered as part of the built-up area
*Registration and Certification Fee is exclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST)
* Registration and Certification fee are non-refundable
* Membership discounts can be availed only if the Project Owner or Developer is a member of IGBC
* Payment can be done through Online options - Debit Card, Credit Card and Net Banking.
For more details, please contact:
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile number: +91 96193 15927
Email Id: email@example.com
Phone number : +919989927901