By applying the green concepts in the design & construction, the following benefits are envisaged over conventional railway station.
- Operational savings through
- Reduction in electrical energy consumption towards non-traction upto 40%
- Water consumption reduction for station applications upto 30%
- Effective Waste management during operation of station
- Improved station facility management
- Opportunity to increase environmental awareness among all Indian Railways staff
Other Environmental Benefits:
- Improved accessibility to stations, thereby enabling easier first mile & last mile connectivity
- Effective ventilation & indoor environment quality
- Enhanced health, well-being & safety of commuters
- User-friendly design for differently abled & elderly people
- Reduction in energy consumption and hence the reduction in the associated environmental impacts.
- Increased use of renewable energy sources, thereby minimising the fossil fuel energy use
- Improved waste management, thereby avoiding waste being sent to land-fills
- Use of eco-friendly construction materials thereby reducing the dependency on the use of virgin materials
Green Railway Stations rating system is designed primarily for existing Indian railway stations. The stations under major redevelopment can also apply for Green Railway Stations rating.
The steps involved as part of Green Railway Station rating:
Training for the Railway Station operation and Maintenance personnel on 'Green Railway Station'.
Performance improvement study including detailed study on opportunities for:
- Reducing energy & water consumption
- Increasing renewable energy
- Effective waste management
- Enhancing passenger amenities, etc.
Guidance on implementation of green measures.
Facilitation of assessment by Third Party independent experts
Award of 'Green Railway Station Rating'
Fee Structure (applicable for projects registered on or after 1St April 2020)
|Category of Railway Station
Indian Railway stations have been clubbed into 3 groups i.e. Non-suburban (NSG), Suburban (SG) and Halt (HG), based on both number of footfalls and passenger earnings. Further these station groups have been put in grades ranging from 1-6, 1-3 and 1-3 respectively
* Fee is exclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST)
* Payment pattern is as follows:
* Certification fee is non-refundable
- 40% fee to be paid with release of work order & duly filled IGBC registration form
- Remaining 60% fee to be paid before the award of certification
* Payment can be done through Online options - Debit Card, Credit Card and Net Banking.
For more details, please contact:
Email Id: email@example.com
Mobile number: +91 97178 99588
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: +91(40) 4418 5125
Associate Counsellor, IGBC
Architect & Urban Planner - Green Cities
Email Id: email@example.com
Phone number : +91(40) 4418 5114